Modern Day Pilgrims

Saturday, February 6, 2010

4 Months

Charlotte is growing too fast! It's hard to believe she's already 4 months old. At 4 months, parents can start introducing their babies to solid food, so we'll be starting that soon. We'll videotape it when we do and I'll be sure to post it on here. She's been running a low-grade fever the past few days because we think she's cutting her first tooth. She has all the typical teething symptoms and has definitely been a drool monster the past few days. She's been much fussier than normal, too. Poor girl. Hopefully she'll cut the tooth soon or at least get used to the pain.

Charlotte is able to support her neck very easily now, so it makes picking her up easier. She likes to "explore" new views, so we're constantly having to change her position when we hold her. Charlotte's current favorite is "standing" on our laps. Gone are the days of snuggling when she's wide awake. If you want to snuggle with her, you have to wait until she's really tired or put her in the sling while shopping. She's getting to be such a big girl, and even though we love this stage and all the baby smiles and giggles that come along with it, the tininess and "newness" of her infancy are missed. We now understand why people love newborns so much! I don't quite have baby fever yet, but I hate how fast Charlotte is growing.

Since her 4 month birthday landed on a Saturday, I took her pictures with Chris's help. Since we took them at the playground on our compound, they are a bit different than the other month to month photos I've taken of her. I had a great idea in my head, but Charlotte wasn't cooperating as well as I wanted (I had to really work for those smiles). As a result, I didn't quite get the shot I had envisioned. I hope my sweet girl cuts that tooth soon! Happy 4 months, Charlotte!

Too cool for school. I think Chris is going to send this to the Crossfit website (the workout regime he does).




No comments:

Post a Comment