Modern Day Pilgrims

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Thrifty and Cute!

Today I was looking at JJ Heller's blog (one of my favorite singers), and I fell in love with something she made for her daughter, Lucy. It had to do with old t-shirts, which I have way too many of. A lot of my t-shirts in women's sizes are too short for my long torso and it's been a long time since I've worn them. I just haven't let them go because I love them so much! Well, JJ loves sewing as much as I do, and when I saw that she made her old t-shirts into baby dresses, I couldn't help but give it a try. Really, I'm being very modest. As soon as I saw what she did, I got so excited and immediately started making one. It only took an hour and a half, and I plan to make many, many more. The first attempt is a little big, so Charlotte will definitely be able to wear it for awhile. I kept the original neck hole of the t-shirt, but perhaps next time I won't since it looks so big on Charlotte! If you want to know how these are made, check out this blog post, where JJ Heller got the idea. If you want to see the dresses JJ made, go here and here. I think the next t-shirt dress I make will have the rosettes and ruffles, because they are so CUTE! Here's some pics from my first attempt:

Unfortunately, I didn't think to get a picture of the t-shirt before I transformed it into a dress. Here is the after.

This is what the shirt says...can you see why it's one of my favorites?! You've gotta love Paul Frank.

Charlotte wearing her new t-shirt dress.

Charlotte and mommy. I think she's in mid-yawn in this picture! Haha.

3 comments:

  1. How cute!! We love it! Maybe Hannah and I can sew one with you. Charlotte is so adorable! Blessings, Donna

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea! I will have to pass it on to my mom. (She is the one who sews.) By the way, I love your hair cut! So cute.

    Hannah

    ReplyDelete
  3. The dress is cute, the model absolutely adorable. Her hair is getting so long and it looks lighter too.

    ReplyDelete