Modern Day Pilgrims

Saturday, December 26, 2009

Christmas in Bahrain

Christmas in our home was full of fun! On Christmas Eve, we went to a candlelight service at our church and then we came home and watched White Christmas - a yearly tradition of ours. On Christmas morning, Chris and I enjoyed opening a few presents before Charlotte woke up, and then we opened the rest after feeding Charlotte and eating homemade cinnamon rolls (our traditional Christmas breakfast). After opening presents, we went to church and then came home to relax and play with all our new toys. It was a wonderful first Christmas in two different ways: our first Christmas with Charlotte and our first Christmas in our new home, Bahrain. Merry Christmas!

Charlotte woke up around 9am. As you can tell by the picture, she can't wait to get out of bed and open her presents.

Charlotte in front of the tree

A close up of Charlotte - "I'm ready to open my presents, Mom!"

"Well, I'll be ready to open my presents after I eat!"

"Nevermind, I'd rather nap. Can you open my presents for me?"

Charlotte with all her gifts...and we didn't get her anything! She is certainly loved by her extended family. We don't want her to be spoiled, because we desire that she would grow to have a sacrificial heart. And as her parents, we want to help develop that type of heart in her life, so Christmas will pose a unique challenge for us as she gets older and starts to figure out what's going on!

Charlotte and I before heading to church on Christmas day. She's wearing a dress that was made out of a vintage pillowcase. Charlotte's grandma gave this beautiful dress to her

No comments:

Post a Comment