Modern Day Pilgrims

Friday, January 1, 2010

2010

Happy New Year! I cannot wait to see what God has in store for 2010. 2009 was an amazing and hectic year. I truly grew closer to God this year than I have in previous years, we moved from Nigeria to Bahrain, we went on an amazing road trip through Canada and the east coast, I got to spend 7 months in the states, we had two new nieces added to our family, and the most special aspect of 2009 was welcoming our daughter, Charlotte, into the world. God is good (and I would still say that even if 2009 was a rotten year)!

We spent New Years at home with our new friends, Mark and Rebecca. By the time midnight rolled around, we were so tired that we groggily said "Happy New Year" and went to bed. Ha! I felt so old. I remember the days that I used to stay up ALL NIGHT and thought it was the coolest thing ever. I also remember how excited I got when we started counting down at 11:59 and 50 seconds. My heart would start beating fast and I'd get those excited butterflies in my stomach. My how things change.

I'm excited to see what 2010 has in store. I know of one thing it will bring so far. I'm going to start selling jewelry through a Christian-owned company! It's a direct sales business, and I know there's quite a stigma that can go along with that. To be honest, I have bad feelings towards the direct sales market even though I'm about to enter into it! It's usually over flooded with sales people, and there can be too much pressure to buy from family or friends who are either hosting a show or selling the product. I am by no means a salesperson, but upon seeking counsel, my opinion was changed enough that I was willing to consider it. Chris and I have been prayerful about this for the past few weeks and believe it's where God is leading us.

Happy New Year, everyone! If we make any resolutions, may the first be that we grow closer to God this year than we did the last!

No comments:

Post a Comment