Modern Day Pilgrims

Sunday, March 7, 2010

5 months

I'm getting all caught up on blogging today. It doesn't hurt that I've been sick the past 3 days because of something I ate Thursday night. I don't feel like doing much around the house so I've been trying to get caught up on things I can do stationary. Charlotte turned 5 months old yesterday. It's hard to believe she's getting so big. She's still in 9 month clothing but I have a feeling 12 months isn't far behind. Here's a few more updates on her progress: Charlotte can now roll onto her stomach with no problem whatsoever. She hasn't quite figured out how to go from her tummy to back, though. Food-wise, Charlotte has now tried rice cereal, sweet potato, butternut squash, banana, and avocado. I'm not so sure she likes avocado. She kept making a gross face whenever I put it in her mouth, but she never spit it out and she always opened her mouth for more. Maybe she's just trying to get used to the new flavor. She's still a great napper and sleeper, and she always has another smile in her no matter how tired she is. When Grandma Peltier was here last week, she taught Charlotte "up". When she's on her back, you can now grab her teeny hands and say, "Up." Charlotte will then stiffen her back and start to come up (with help of course). Chris then took it a step further, and if you say "up" once she's sitting on her bottom, she'll use one of her feet to help her stand (again, with help). I was really touched to see that she can now "understand" us, but that also brought in the reality that a different kind of "parenting" will be right around the corner. Compared to discipline and instruction, changing diapers and feeding her every 3 hours seems easy. I think it's time I brush up on the parenting books I read while I was preggo!

Happy 5 months, Charlotte! I can't wait for my dad to get here on Tuesday so that he can take some better pics of Chuck. Here's some pictures I took of her this afternoon:

Trying to eat the prop. This kid will put anything in her mouth! Haha.

1 comment:

  1. Awww shes getting soooo big! Enjoy every minute of it. I still can't believe Ian is 5. I hope you had a wonderful time with your parents. I'm trying to get caught up on stationary stuff too, since my contractions come and go and pretty much stop any progress! :)

    ReplyDelete