Modern Day Pilgrims

Thursday, March 3, 2011

Amazing Grace

You're never too old to learn something new, contrary to what some people think.  You see, for the past couple of months, I've been trying to teach myself piano.  I took lessons for about a year when I was in first grade, but that was it.  I deeply wish I knew how to play so that I could play for leisure and to do better when playing hymns during family devotions.  As a result, I decided to try and teach myself.  I've been practicing almost everyday and here is the first song I'm fairly competent with...not perfect yet, but getting there.  I need to order some beginner hymn books from Amazon.  I don't desire to be at concert piano level...I'd be happy with level 2 or 3...just good enough to play some recognizable hymn songs competently.   



3 comments:

  1. That's great! How fun. I never took any lessons and sometimes wish I could play. I'll have to pick up the guitar again. The kids took about a year or so of lessons a while ago. They fiddle around on the keyboard, much more so now that it is in the computer room instead of the living room. It was amazing to me that the location of the keyboard made that much of a difference in how much they sit down and play. Keep it up!
    Hannah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Mandy!
    I was wondering if you could give me some tips on blogs. You do such an awesome job with yours. i want to know how to set up seperate pages like you did with "About Us" and "our Love Story". You can get my personal email from Kat on facebook if you don't already have it. Thanks Bunches!!
    Nat Grimes

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nat, I'll be in Indy this week and maybe we can get together and I can show you a few things. What do you think?

    ReplyDelete