Modern Day Pilgrims

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Jacket 1 is DONE!

I finished the Oliver + S School Days Jacket today and I am so excited!  This is probably the hardest thing I've ever sewn and it turned out really well.  The directions were quite clear, which didn't hurt!  For having to choose fabric from my stash to make this jacket, I think it turned out rather cute!  I got the toile fabric online from Hancock's thinking it was going to be a quilting-type cotton - not a thick, duck cotton!  When I got the box from Hancock's and saw the fabric, I had no clue what I was going to use it for and now I'm glad I got it (accidentally).  The lining fabric is from India.  My friend Jhancy, who comes once a week to help clean our house, brought it back with her when she visited her family over Christmas.

Now on to the trench coat for myself....   :-)

Here are some pictures of the completed jacket.  It's still a little big for Little Bit since I made a 3T so I had to roll up the sleeves for the picture.  Excuse the hair...it's not greasy; it's wet.  Chris had just given her a bath.










No comments:

Post a Comment