Modern Day Pilgrims

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Expecting Again - 9 weeks

Chris and I are adding to our family!  We found out last month that we are expecting baby #2.  I'm about 9 weeks along now, and we went to the doctor today and got to see the baby and its little heartbeat pumping away on the ultrasound screen.  Charlotte kept saying, "Baby!  Baby!  Hi baby!"  It was sweet.

It's always so comforting and special to see the baby and know it's growing okay, so I couldn't wait for today.  It's definitely a different experience going to the doctor in Bahrain than in the states.  No urine test, no blood pressure test, no checking my weight.  We literally went in to the doctor's office, she asked me the start of my last period, asked what day I found out I was pregnant, and then did the ultrasound.  It took all of 15 minutes - a lot shorter than I expected.  Our next appointment is in a month, at which time our doctor said there's a 70% chance she'll be able to tell the sex.  This pregnancy feels different than my last one.  I'm still not nauseous, but I don't feel as good as I did with Charlotte.  So maybe it's a boy?  ;-)  I guess we'll have to wait and see in another 5 weeks.


1 comment: