Modern Day Pilgrims

Wednesday, October 19, 2011

14 Weeks, Approximately

Yesterday, Chris and I had the opportunity and joy to see our next little one on an ultrasound at the doctor's office.  The doctor said the baby is developing great and she didn't see any cause for concern.  Praise the Lord!  Since I've been having major food aversions and haven't been eating as healthy as I wanted to this pregnancy, Chris teased that despite my best efforts, the baby is developing great.  Ha. Ha.

We took Charlotte with us to the doctor's office and she was impressed for the first couple of minutes and then she wanted to run around the doctor's office and grab my feet as the doctor was trying to get different measurements of the baby.  We think next time we may ask a friend to watch Charlotte.  I don't think the doctor minded her being there, but Chris was bothered that he didn't get to watch the baby as much as he wanted to and didn't get to hear everything the doctor was saying as she did the ultrasound.

The doctor also told us what she thinks the gender is.  She said the percentage of accuracy is 75%.  I know that is a high percentage, but we were hoping for a little higher.  As a result, I think I'll wait to share the gender until we have another ultrasound and get more confirmation.  Of course, now I have the gender she told us on the brain and am starting to think of baby names and other things related to the gender she told us.  Hopefully the doctor was right, because it will definitely be a huge shock/adjustment to have another ultrasound and be told it's the opposite gender from what she told us yesterday, as you can imagine.  I guess we'll just have to be patient and wait.

We're still having issues getting a firm due date, too.  Before we did the ultrasound, the doctor said I'm 13 weeks and 3 days pregnant with a due date of April 21.  The machine calculated a due date based on the baby's measurements, which stated I'm 14 weeks and 4 days pregnant with a due date of April 13.  The doctor said she's going to input all the measurements into another program that's at her house and come up with a new date, probably something in between April 13 and April 21.  I'll post when I know what the new due date is.  I should find out at my next appointment in 3 weeks.

Enjoy some ultrasound pics from yesterday!







1 comment:

  1. Destined to be a thumb sucker, eh? :) So excited for you guys and hope your food aversions subside.

    ReplyDelete