Modern Day Pilgrims

Friday, August 13, 2010

The Great Indiana State Fair


So today my parents, sister, brother-in-law, two nieces, myself, and Charlotte went to the Indiana State Fair. I love going to the fair every year that I can and always have a great time. This was Charlotte's first fair, or second if you want to be technical since I went last year when I was pregnant. From pony and elephant rides to corn dogs and honey ice cream, we had a fun filled day even if it was ridiculously hot and humid (really, it was ridiculous). Nothing says Indiana like our state fair. I'm always so proud to be a Hoosier when I go, and no matter where I live, Indiana will always be home. Here's some pictures from the day:

I'm proud of my mom because she got 2nd place on her key lime cake recipe! She also won 4th on a smocked dress she made for Charlotte. Go Mom! Maybe now she'll believe us when we say her cakes and sewing are amazing!

Charlotte being pushed by my niece, Savannah.

A picture of my beautiful niece.

Ice cream...er, formula...on her chin. Yeah, that's what it is....formula....

Savannah on a pony ride.

Savannah taking a elephant ride.

Sifting through rocks and dirt looking for semi-precious stones.

Charlotte playing with a John Deere toy tractor. That's my girl!

Dad in front of the elephant ears stand. Mmmmm!!

The theme of this year's state fair was "year of the pigs". This was made entirely out of canned food and will be given to a food bank after the fair ends.

This was the winning gourd/pumpkin at the state fair. It was judged by weight.

Eating some lovely Indiana corn. I will fight you if you say that your state has better corn than mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment