Modern Day Pilgrims

Monday, January 30, 2012

Modkid and the State Fair

I tried a pattern from a new-to-me pattern company called "Modkid" yesterday.  Most of their items are a bit too cutesy or crafty for me, but I love their Addison dress.  I love the vintage look of it and especially the scalloped skirt, so when I saw it on fabric.com while shopping for more Oliver + S patterns, I decided to go for it.  And I'm glad I did!  I love how it turned out and the pattern was well done and easy to follow.  I like it so much, in fact, that I'm going to use this pattern to make another dress for the Indiana State Fair.  This year's theme is Year of the Dairy Cows, so I bought two dairy cow prints to make the dress again.  You're probably thinking, "A little girl's dress with cow fabric?  Ooookay...."  It's the State Fair.  That's the best explanation I can give you because that sums it all up.  It's for the glorious Indiana State Fair and they always put entries on prominent display that go along with that year's fair theme.  So anyway, I digress.  The fabric I used to make the dress I finished yesterday was fabric I had laying around with no intended purpose and thought would make a good test-run to make sure the pattern was good enough to use on a dress for the State Fair.  I'm glad it is!  It's so cute!  I've yet to put Charlotte in this dress.  Hopefully it will fit perfectly, and I promise to take pictures when she finally wears it...probably at church this Friday!

Front of Dress

Closeup of Front Bodice

Closeup of Scalloped Skirt

Back View of Dress

This will be the underskirt/sash fabric (the same as the yellow fabric above) for the State Fair dress.

This will be the main fabric for the State Fair dress.

No comments:

Post a Comment