Modern Day Pilgrims

Friday, September 11, 2009

36 Weeks

Charlotte at 34 weeks, 5 days

I'm 36 weeks pregnant and can't believe it! Babies are estimated to be around 6 lbs at this point in time, but Charlotte was estimated to weigh 6 lbs 4 oz before she was even 35 weeks along! I wonder how much she weighs today? I installed the adorable Maxi Cosi Mico car seat last night (we got it in "phantom"). Let me tell you - I felt completely inept as a soon-to-be mom installing that thing. I could not find the instruction manual and simply could not figure the thing out on my own!!! Thankfully, I found an online manual and my dad helped me figure it out. Whew. I hope my complete ineptness with the car seat isn't a forecast on how I'll be as a mom!!!

I've enjoyed being pregnant, but it's a little scary to think that this baby is going to have to come out of me one way or another!!! A lot of people have been so incredibly kind to ask how I'm doing, so I thought I'd take a moment to let everyone know. In talking to other friends who've been pregnant, I think I've been quite fortunate. For starters, I'm on paid maternity leave and am staying at a hotel. I get my room made up every day and get dinner prepared for me 4 days a week. I'm not working, so I'm able to sleep in and take each day as easy as I would like. I also don't have any other kids to parent while I'm getting ever bigger and closer to the due date. I've been so spoiled with everything that when I'm pregnant with baby #2, I'll probably have a rude awakening!!!

Health-wise, I've also been quite fortunate. I got through the first trimester without morning sickness, and while I fainted once and have felt faint a few other times, that's about the worst thing I had to deal with during the second trimester. The third trimester has brought on a few new things. To start, my back almost constantly aches. Sometimes it won't start aching until mid-day, but other days it's continuous from the moment I wake up. The baby has already dropped, so I've been dealing with pelvic pressure that's not always so comfortable. I'm not waddling all the time, but I now understand why women do. When I first stand up, I usually have to waddle a few steps to "ease into" walking!! Other than the above, tiredness and frequent bathroom trips are two things that have never really let up, but I've learned to deal with both.

I can't wait for Chris and I to meet Charlotte and hold her in our arms. I also can't wait for you all to meet her and love on her!! Please be praying for me as I finish these last few weeks of pregnancy. Chris will be arriving on October 1st, so we're hoping he makes it in time for the delivery (due date is October 9th). Among other things, please pray that I'll have a trusting and good attitude if God has planned for Charlotte to arrive before Chris gets here. Either way, God's in control and already knows what's going to happen. I'm so glad I can trust and rejoice in that!

1 comment:

  1. i am so glad everything has gone so well for you so far! :) dan and i can't wait to meet her!

    ReplyDelete