Modern Day Pilgrims

Thursday, September 17, 2009

37 Weeks

I had my 37 week check-up yesterday and there's not too much to share. Charlotte has dropped even further, and in doing so, my cervix has moved. Two weeks ago, my Dr. was able to get a dilation reading of 1 cm, but yesterday she couldn't even get a 1 cm reading because of my repositioned cervix! So Charlotte's low and ready to go, but I haven't dilated further. No one ever told me that checking for dilation is so uncomfortable. If I can barely stand that, how on earth am I going to get through labor??? I know I'll get through it because my body is designed for it, but I can't say I'm looking forward to it. My sweet friend Jan (she's had 7 kids!) gave me some good advice yesterday. She said that when labor begins, I should take it one contraction at a time so that I won't get overwhelmed by everything that is yet to come. I thought that was good advice because I'm already getting nervous about labor and delivery. My pastor has always said, "How do you eat an elephant?" The answer? One bite at a time. That's how I'm going to try and view labor when the time arrives.

Chris arrives 2 weeks from today!!! Woot woot!!

3 comments:

  1. Hang in there sista! Won't be long now! Go get a pedi and just try to imagine your sweet baby's face...it's all worth it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an awesome website!!! Thanks for keeping us all informed...we are counting down the days with you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. it sounds like she's hanging out till dad gets there! :)

    ReplyDelete