Modern Day Pilgrims

Wednesday, September 30, 2009

39 Weeks

I had my 39 week appointment today, and I am still only 1 cm dilated but Charlotte has dropped even further. Chris gets in tomorrow around 1, assuming there's no missed flights. His flight out of Bahrain was scheduled to leave at 3pm today (our time), but it's currently 2 hours delayed. I'm hoping this won't cause him to miss his connection in Amsterdam. My next appointment is on Monday. Be praying about that appointment, because Chris and I have a lot to think about until then. My doctor informed me today that she won't be in the office the 8th through the 11th (my due date is the 9th). I'd really prefer that she deliver Charlotte since she's my doctor and I've gotten to know her and feel comfortable with her over these past few months. However, I know there's always a chance she won't be able to deliver Charlotte even if she is in the office! The doctor said we could induce as soon as this Friday, but Chris and I are both "weary" about inducing (especially before the due date) and want to see if Charlotte will come on her own. At the same time, knowing that my doctor will be gone the weekend I'm due changes things a bit. Please be praying that God will give us wisdom and clarity or that He'll just allow Charlotte to come on her own before my doctor's vacation!

No comments:

Post a Comment