Modern Day Pilgrims

Thursday, November 26, 2009

Bahrain Starbucks

I went to Starbucks yesterday with my neighbor who is also American. I was curious to see how alike or different the Starbucks here would be from home. It looked exactly the same and 75% of the menu items were the same. They didn't have warm hot cider or the seasonal peppermint mocha or eggnog lattes, but they did have a toffee nut latte and a gooseberry frappucino...two things I don't think are sold at Starbucks in the states. I ordered a standard "coffee of the day" (yeah, real adventerous) and my neighbor ordered a mango berry frappucino. We went and sat down outside and they delivered our drinks on a tray!! They even put my coffee in a real mug! I was in Starbucks heaven until I took a sip of my coffee. When I ordered a "coffee of the day", I was expecting to get a regular cup of joe made from freshly ground coffee beans. The coffee they gave me tasted very instant and I had to force down every sip. So maybe "coffee of the day" means something different here, because I can't imagine Starbucks would plant stores in other countries to serve instant coffee. Or maybe it was a communication problem/language barrier? Oh well. I'll know not to order it again! And in the grand scheme of things, who cares that I got a cup of instant coffee!! I'm sure no one will have to twist my arm to get me back there again!! :-)

HAPPY THANKSGIVING EVERYONE! I can't wait to put up our Christmas decorations tomorrow!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment