Modern Day Pilgrims

Monday, November 16, 2009

My Birthday

On Friday night, Chris and I were sitting outside and it struck me that my birthday was in two days. I could hardly believe it since I've been so busy settling into Bahrain, trying to get sleep, etc. I mentioned it to Chris and he didn't believe me either! He said, "No, it can't be the 15th so soon. What day is it?" And I told him it was the 13th already! Needless to say, my birthday was an unexpected surprise even though the date hasn't changed in the 27 years I've been alive! We weren't expecting that I'd be in Bahrain on my birthday, so I can't blame Chris for having nothing prepared. Yet he still did a WONDERFUL job with such last minute planning. He came home with some beautiful flowers, the most loving card, and a Baskin Robbins ice cream cake. He gave me the choice to eat out or in, but since I've been so sleep deprived (my body isn't adjusting well to the 8 hour time difference), we ordered Pizza Hut and called it a night. In all honesty, it was my kind of night. No hoopla, no extravagance - just a quiet and wonderful evening with my loving husband and beautiful daughter. Thanks, hubby!

No comments:

Post a Comment