Modern Day Pilgrims

Sunday, June 6, 2010

8 Months

Charlotte is 8 months old today! I had the hardest time getting Charlotte to cooperate for her pictures. She's so mobile now that she refuses to sit still for 2 seconds. I probably called her name 50 times trying to get her to look at the camera, but she was too preoccupied with crawling towards whatever captured her attention. The few decent pictures I got are below:

To buy these adorable blocks, go here.

On a separate note, I want to let you all know what will be appearing on the blog in the weeks to come. Chris told me yesterday that I should make a few blog entries about baby food I've made. He then said I should write a cookbook. :-) I don't know about a cookbook just yet, but I think I can handle a few blog entries!

Canned baby food just doesn't do it for us. It doesn't taste fresh and most of it is bland. While I don't advocate adding salt to baby food, herbs and spices are just fine. Studies show that if you keep your baby's food bland, they'll be more prone to eat bland food when they're older. You can easily add flavor to homemade baby food and it is way fresher tasting than the canned stuff. It is much cheaper than buying canned baby food, too, and many times, I can conveniently make Charlotte's baby food at the same time I make dinner for Chris and I. Here's a few of the baby foods I've made that I'll eventually blog about, with recipes:
  • Split Pea Soup
  • Loaded Baked Potato
  • Whipped Sweet Potatoes and Apricots
  • Broccoli and Cauliflower Puree
  • Refried Beans
  • Homemade Apple Sauce
  • Homemade Pear Sauce
  • Herbed Green Beans
  • Chicken Tikka
  • Turkey Meatloaf
Have a great Sunday! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment