Modern Day Pilgrims

Monday, June 7, 2010

Baby Recipes, Part 2: Broccoli and Cauliflower Puree

Here's another recipe that is very simple yet fresh tasting and full of flavor. It only has 3 ingredients, but the three ingredients go together very well. I like it so much that I'm going to start making this for Chris and I for dinner. I didn't write any measurements down as I just did it all by taste. I'll try and give you a general idea of how I made it below. This is easily a level 2 recipe and could even be a level 1, but I would recommend talking to your pediatrician first about when you can start introducing certain foods.

Broccoli and Cauliflower Puree



Ingredients:

  • Equal amounts fresh broccoli and cauliflower florets
  • 1/4 - 1/3 cup cream cheese, or more to taste (it also depends on how much broccoli and cauliflower you use. You don't want the cream cheese to be too overpowering, so start with the minimum and work up from there.)

Directions:

1. Steam broccoli and cauliflower florets until tender, about 6 to 7 minutes.

2. Puree in blender or food processor, along with the cream cheese. Add water if needed to get the puree to a smooth consistency. If using a blender, you may have to run it through a cycle more than once.

3. Let cool and portion into ice cube trays or baby food trays and place in freezer. I generally portion about 3 days worth into baby food bowls and place in the fridge.


Charlotte loves this dish!

1 comment: