Modern Day Pilgrims

Monday, October 25, 2010

A Dress for Justine

Justine's 7th birthday was last Wednesday and I meant to do a blog about it the next day but I've been a little busy. Two days before her birthday, I had the idea to make a dress as a birthday gift, along with a few books we had already bought her. I looked through my patterns and my highest sized patterns went up to a 6. Justine is a 7. So I chose a pattern that went to a 6 and redrew the pattern to *hopefully* be a size 7. I felt like I was really winging it, and I knew it may not turn out, however disappointing that would be. I ended up spending the day before her birthday relentlessly sewing until I finally finished. I know; I'm crazy. I should've thought about this sooner than 2 days before her birthday. Oh well.




Unlike most kids, Justine was happy to receive clothing on her birthday. Seriously, I think she's the first kid I've ever met who seemed genuinely happy to receive clothes. That's my kind of girl! She was even nice enough to try it on for me, and I was so thrilled it actually fit. It ended up being a bit big so I could've made the size 6 afterall, but it fits proportionately, which means I modified and sewed the pattern correctly. Wahoo!



No comments:

Post a Comment