Modern Day Pilgrims

Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Roar!

Yesterday I did a test run of Charlotte's birthday cake. I guess I'm pretty happy with how it turned out considering the last cake I decorated was over 16 years ago as a 4-H entry. We're having a big party for her on Saturday but our friends Terry and Jill are going to come over tomorrow night to celebrate her actual birthday with us. I'm planning to give Charlotte the "test run" cake tomorrow and make another one for Saturday if I have time. It's a little hard to believe that my baby girl is almost one. Chris and I are still saying she's 11 months. We'll be clinging on to these last 10 hours as long as we can!




4 comments:

  1. Very cute Mandy! If you can put up with a suggestion from dear old Mom....if you take a tip #10 (any round tip will do, a larger size the better) and with some white icing pipe a circle where the eyes are. Then lightly place your little finger in some powdered sugar and press down on the piped circles so it will lie flat. Then tint a small amount of black icing and pipe another (smaller) circle over the white flattened circle. Same thing lightly press this circle flat and you will have a sort of cartoonish eye. P.S. Don't forget to post a video!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Mom! I will definitely give that a try for Saturday's cake. Chris didn't like the eyes, either, but I didn't really know how to fix it. Although I don't have black coloring...I guess blue pupils will have to do!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my word, absolutely ADORABLE Mandy!!!! GOOD JOB!!!! Give that little sweetie a BIG birthday kiss for us!!!!!!!!!!! I CANNOT believe it was one year ago that we stood in your hospital room with that precious little girl!!!!!!!! Big hugs, we love and miss you guys so much!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very fun, Mandy! Give our sweet niece/cousin an extra kiss from us on her birthday. We love seeing all of the pictures.

    Love,
    Hannah and the gang here

    ReplyDelete