Modern Day Pilgrims

Sunday, October 10, 2010

1st Birthday Party

Yesterday was Charlotte's first birthday party. We did a brunch party with a zoo animal theme. Charlotte loves stuffed tigers, so that was the inspiration for the party and for the cake. We had about 40 people show up and we all had a great time. We thought we wouldn't have much food since we told everyone it was a brunch, but we had PLENTY of leftovers. We ended up giving tons away and we still had enough breakfast casserole for Chris and I to have generous helpings this morning for breakfast. We're really thankful for our friends here, specifically Terry and Jill. They came over an hour early to help with last minute things. Without their help, we still would've been running around trying to frantically get things in order at 10. They even stayed after to help us clean up. We just love them and I keep telling Jill they aren't allowed to leave this summer when their tour is up. We are really going to miss them. :-( But I digress...here's some pictures from Charlotte's special day:


Round two on the cake....


And this time I made a mini cake for Charlotte with leftover batter I had from making the big one above.


Charlotte before her party. She didn't stay this happy, unfortunately. The dress she is wearing was made by me. I saw the fabric at JoAnn's and thought it would make a great birthday dress. It says "Happy Birthday" all over it.


Charlotte showing a side view of the dress I made her.


Charlotte with her friend Shahin at the party.


I'm not sure why she's making this face, but it's cute!!


Charlotte was tired, crabby, and did not like it when everyone sang happy birthday to her. Even Daddy holding her hands and telling her it was okay didn't help.


All better now that I have some sugar in my system!


A family picture at the party.


Charlotte loved playing with the balloons!


Once again, Justine helped Charlotte open all her gifts. We specifically told people to not bring a gift...I don't think a single person showed up without one. Oh well. We are very blessed.


Daddy helping Charlotte with a puzzle she got.

2 comments: