Modern Day Pilgrims

Saturday, September 4, 2010

Getting Older

The other night when I was getting ready for bed, I noticed something white in my hair. It wasn't baby powder or lint. It was an actual hair...a gray hair. I immediately plucked it out in horror and then looked to see if there were any more. Two. Three. Four. Five. I quit counting at five. I didn't think you were supposed to get gray hair until much later in life. I'm only 27! I know there are some unfortunate people who get them in high school but I wasn't one of them so I thought I had years to go before seeing my first one. And who knows how long they've been there! It's only been a short time since I've been back to my natural color. What a sad night and sign that I'm not getting any younger. Solomon compares wisdom to gray hair, but it could also be stress...or just getting older. I'll go with Solomon on the wisdom thing. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment