Modern Day Pilgrims

Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Molly Monkey

Our good friends Jill and Terry have a 5 year old daughter named Justine. We just love Justine. She is so cute and never ceases to make us laugh. Last weekend was no exception. They came over for pizza and a movie and Justine found a raggedy doll I made for Charlotte a few months ago. It turned out just awful. I didn't follow a pattern and was trying to figure things out as I went and it just continued to get worse as I realized it wasn't going to turn out. [By the way, I thought I had a picture of it but I can't seem to find it. When I get back to Bahrain I'll take a picture so you can see how bad it turned out!] After I made the doll, I went ahead and gave it to Charlotte thinking maybe she'd love and adore it regardless of how it looked. Nah. Charlotte held it for about two seconds and then threw it on the ground. She's never looked back. I threw it in her toy box anyway hoping maybe she'd change her mind someday. Well, Justine found it last weekend and just adored it. She held it the whole night and I could tell how much she liked it, so I asked her if she wanted me to make her one. Her whole face lit up and she said, "Oh, yes! I would love that!" So we made a little deal that I would make her a doll and she would draw me a picture. Well, I didn't exactly make her a raggedy doll. Instead, I followed a free pattern from http://mmmcrafts.blogspot.com and made her a Molly Monkey. I love how it turned out and I hope Justine is happy with this instead of the raggedy doll she fell in love with! I've been wanting to make one for awhile and our little deal gave me a perfect opportunity. I'm thinking I may be making a few of these for Christmas gifts this year....





No comments:

Post a Comment