Modern Day Pilgrims

Saturday, May 8, 2010

My First Mother's Day


When Charlotte was first born, the hospital gave us a bottle of sparkling grape juice with a special label on it. The hospital was the name of the vineyard, Chris and I were the producers of the juice, and they used Charlotte's birth information for the juice's name, bottling date, and volume. It was so creative and such a cute gift from the hospital. Well seven months later, Chris and I finally got around to drinking it!

Yesterday at church, Chaplain Hall gave the mothers a carnation and had us all stand in the front of the chapel while he prayed for us. [On a side note, it was really weird to be apart of Mother's Day this year and not just be a "gift giver"] So we had the carnation and an empty bottle of sparkling grape juice, and guess what my creative husband did? I walked into our dining room last night and there in the empty bottle was my Mother's Day carnation! I loooove him!


No comments:

Post a Comment