Modern Day Pilgrims

Monday, May 31, 2010

Spring Bazaar

This weekend, we did something new as a family: we were vendors at a Bazaar! For the past couple of months, I've been a distributor for a Christian jewelry company. I've mostly done home shows, but I thought I'd try to sell some of my display items at a Bazaar. We weren't sure how it would go, and we were a little discouraged to see several other jewelry vendors setting up shop. It started off slow, but we ended up selling 22 items. It was worth doing and we plan to do it again this Fall at two other events we know about. In addition to the jewelry, I hope to sell some homemade goodies. I've been working on Christmas stockings and magnets, but I also have a few other surprises up my sleeve. Since the Bazaar, my mind has been going crazy with ideas!

Charlotte did great at the Bazaar. She got pretty cranky at one point, so Chris walked with her until she fell asleep. The vendor next to us also came with her husband and daughter. Her daughter, Jenna, is only a week younger than Charlotte! We let them play with each other for a little bit. They were so sweet together. Unfortunately, Charlotte started pulling her hair. Oh boy. Sweet Jenna never made a peep when Charlotte did it and we couldn't believe it!

Here's some pictures from the day:

Our table all set up and ready to go!

Another view of our table. We were in between a local artist and a lady who made soap (she was the one with a daughter Charlotte's age).

Charlotte had her own little "play area" behind our table. We brought a box full of toys with us to keep her entertained.

Here is Charlotte and Jenna playing together. Jenna was good at sharing, and Charlotte was good at taking. :-/

Charlotte was a good sport all day and she eventually clunked out right in Daddy's arms. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment