Modern Day Pilgrims

Tuesday, May 25, 2010

The Valley of Vision

Chris and I have been reading a prayer from the Valley of Vision every evening, and I thought I would share a few snippets that have impacted our thinking and have enriched our praise of such a great God:

There is no comfort in anything
apart from enjoying thee
-From "GOD THE ALL"


I rejoice to think that all things are at thy
disposal, and it delights me to leave
them there
. Then prayer turns wholly
into praise,and all I can do is to adore and
bless thee.
-From "GOD THE ALL"


O God, it is amazing that men can
talk so much
about man's creaturely
power and goodness,
when, if thou
didst not hold us back every moment,

we should be devils incarnate. This,
by bitter experience, thou hast taught
me concerning myself.

-From "GOD THE ALL"


Thou art all my good in times of peace,
my only support in days of trouble,
my one sufficiency when life shall end.
-From "THE ALL-GOOD"


For I was no more ready to receive Christ
than were others;
I could not have begun
to love thee hadst thou not first loved me,

or been willing unless thou hadst first made
me so.

-From "THE MOVER"


Help me to honour thee
by believing before I feel

-From "THE DIVINE WILL"


Teach me to believe that all degrees
of mercy arise
from several degrees
of prayer

-From "THE DIVINE WILL"


I know but a part, but
that part exceeds all praise

-From "DIVINE MERCIES"


I bless thee that thou hast made me capable
of knowing thee, the author of all being,
of resembling thee, the perfection of all excellency,
of enjoying thee, the source of all happiness.
-From "GOD ENJOYED"


While Jesus is representing me in heaven,
may I reflect him on earth

-From "GOD ENJOYED"

No comments:

Post a Comment