Modern Day Pilgrims

Monday, November 1, 2010

Halloween 2010

Chris and I are in the process of developing family traditions. I think they are really useful in developing a family bond, making memories, and even building a spiritual heritage for our kids. If you're interested in reading more about this, Kent and Barbara Hughes talk about it in their book, "Disciplines of a Godly Family". We're not entirely sure what traditions we're going to establish for Halloween because neither of us are super keen on how it glorifies and celebrates evil...something that wouldn't exist if it weren't for sin. I could expound on my reasons for agonizing over this holiday, but I'll stop myself. If you want to know, you can ask me sometime. The only thing we really have figured out for Halloween is that we're going to focus more on October 31st being the anniversary of the Protestant Reformation and make it a family tradition to watch the movie "Luther" on or around October 31st.

My friend Erin threw a children's Halloween party and we decided to take Charlotte to it. Afterwards, we trick or treated with our friends, Jill and Terry. Here's some pictures:


Wonder Woman!



Wonder Woman times two?

Captain American is married to Wonder Woman and they had a baby Wonder Woman together...did you know that?

Justine the mermaid, Sammy the box of crayons, and Charlotte as Wonder Woman.

Trick or treating


1 comment:

  1. Those are hilarious (and adorable). LOL. Wonder Woman has a mini me!

    ReplyDelete