Modern Day Pilgrims

Sunday, November 7, 2010

More Sewing - For Charlotte This Time

I spent a tedious two days doing my least favorite part about sewing: tracing patterns and cutting out the pieces. I did this for 10 dress or so because I wanted to know how much fabric I'd have left to work on a few projects I'm hoping to have done by Christmas. As a result, I can get sewing on a dress whenever I want now! I love it! I may do this method from now on...spend a couple days getting my least favorite part about sewing over with so I can just sew, sew, sew on all those projects waiting on me! Here's some pictures of what I made yesterday and today:


If you look in the lower right, you'll see an embroidered tree. I did this with my sister's help on her embroidery machine this past summer. I love how this dressed turned out. I think it's much cuter in person than it looks on the front of the pattern.


The back of the dress. This is a 2T but it's really not too big on Charlotte...maybe just a bit long.

front

back

This skirt is fun. It looks pretty basic here, but....

I altered the pattern a bit and pleated the contrast fabric to create some lovely folds and movement. This should be a very flow-y and poofy skirt when Charlotte is big enough to wear it. I'm also going to make a tulle petticoat for her to wear under this, which will make the skirt even poofier!

The skirt is actually a circle skirt...thus the flowiness and poofiness!

Here's the patterns I used: Butterick 3477, McCall's M6063, and McCall's M6066

No comments:

Post a Comment